Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Carter, Ally. I'D TELL YOU THAT I LOVE YOU, BUT THEN I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU

Carter, Ally.
I'D TELL YOU THAT I LOVE YOU, BUT THEN I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU
New York : Hyperion, 2006

Cammie Morgan goes to an all-girls private boarding school, The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women. Her friends come from all over the world. Like her they speak 14 languages, and are math, computer and chemistry experts. A couple of things are unusual about Cam’s school. Her mother, the headmistress, is a retired CIA operative. Since you all have level four clearance you already know what is special about this school. It is a training ground for future spies. While on her first covert operation, Cammie meets a boy. A normal, cute, friendly, nice boy named Josh. With a little spy help from her friends, Cammie gets to know and REALLY like Josh. They go through his trash, his email, his history. As a cover she creates a new life story, because if Josh knew the truth about her … as she says “I’d tell you I love you, but then I’d have to kill you.” (New Hampshire Isinglass Teen Read Award committee)

No comments: