Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Woods, Brenda. MY NAME IS SALLY LITTLE SONG

Woods, Brenda.
MY NAME IS SALLY LITTLE SONG
New York : G.P. Putnam's Sons, 2006

Sally May lives on a plantation with her brother, mother and father. They are slaves and work very hard. When Sally May’s father finds out that Sally May and her brother, Abraham, are going to be sold, the family makes plans to escape. But they are not escaping to the North where most slaves head towards. They are escaping deeper into the south! Why would they do that? Shouldn’t they be going north away from the cruel plantation owners and slave hunters? Read My Name is Sally Little Song to find out why. (New Hampshire Great Stone Face nominee, 2007-2008)

2 comments:

Nicole Moberly said...

I REALLY LOVE THIS BOOK I READ IT LAST YEAR AND NOW I'M READING IT AGAIN YOU SHOULD MAKE A SECOND BOOK LIKE MY NEW TRIBE WHERE THEY GO TO ESCAPE FROM THE PLANTATION

Nicole Moberly said...

I REALLY LOVE THIS BOOK I READ IT LAST YEAR AND NOW I'M READING IT AGAIN YOU SHOULD MAKE A SECOND BOOK LIKE MY NEW TRIBE WHERE THEY GO TO ESCAPE FROM THE PLANTATION